Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June's Fantastic Storm


For those of you who know me well, you must know how excited I was at the most unexpected, humongous storm that rolled through last night.  Being my first day off work, I had been home and privy to the news which only forecast a slight 20% chance of rain.  Imagine my surprise when the ladies at dance came upstairs saying it was black outside.  Wait, I just came in 10 minutes ago and it was 94* degrees and sunny outside.  The storm blew in that fast and boy was it furious.  The lights flickered a few times during class, but Abi was able to complete class.  She is the last one on the left.  Check out the point on that toe....




We left to go get Jax and got completely drenched even though we had an umbrella.  Grabbed Jax and started the attempt to get home.  Decided not to take the back road b/c I knew for sure there would be a tree down.  HOWEVER, my main road home turned out to be flooded and blocked by police.  Turn around, head to the back roads.  Guess what--there WAS a tree across the road.  OK,  so both of my routes home are blocked.  Head back down the main road and by now the water has drained and we are able to make it home.  Let me put this ordeal in a bit of perspective.  The journey home from day care should have taken us maybe 7 minutes.  An hour and a half later, we pulled up in our drive.  Enjoy some of the pictures we took on our journey.  Oh, and of course we lost power as we always do when the wind, ah hem, farts.  We slept hot until 5:45 am--12 hours after the initial excitement began.  It was a GREAT night.



                                     This was directly across the street from Jax's day care.  Scarry.


This is the top of a utility pole--Uh, don't think you dummy's should be playing with that.  Duh....


                                                 The tree I knew would be across the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment