Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

6 days old

We went to visit our baby ducklings down at the pond and they were all there following their momma around and appeared to be doing great.  What I found out though almost broke my heart.  While visiting the babies, I started talking to one of my neighbors who I have never spoke to before and he told me that on Tuesday, earlier that week, (the ducks were born on Monday) his grand daughter had found seven of the babies in our drainage ditch.  I guess she heard them squaking.  The next day when she came to visit her grandpa, they were still there and she was hysterical.  So he got something to wedge the man holes up and they were able to shoo all the babies into a net.  They then returned them to the pond and their momma.  I had no idea all of this was going on, yet, I kept wondering why the momma duck was still hanging around.  I figured that there was still one egg that had not hatched.  Little did I know it was because her babies had fallen in the drain.  So thank you to my neighbor, who I still do not know his name for rescuing our sweet baby ducks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment