Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Homestudy

Today we received word from our agency that our home study is officially complete and stamped with approval. So we are now officially moving into Phase 2 of the adoption. Hopefully, on Monday, we will mail in our I-800 to Immigration. That is our official request to bring an orphan into the US to be a part of our family. This phase takes approximately 30-45 days. We will receive a receipt showing that our I-800 has been received and then we will receive an appointment to go and get fingerprinted. Lets all say prayers that we get assigned an Immigration Officer who is sensitive to our issue and will process our request with speed.

Next week, I am going to visit my G-Ma in the Austin area. While there, I will take the documents that we have completed so far to the Secretary of States office to get authenticated. In lay terms, Texas has to certify that the notary on each of our documents is a true notary with a current license.

Next week is also my Spring Break. Woo Hoo. I am in definitely need of a break from work.

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment